Friday, October 25, 2013

Funeral Card Friday

I am going to switch over to the Boehler family for "Funeral Card Friday".


I don't know much about Mary Boehler since she died young and was unmarried.  She was born on January 8, 1880 in Beatrice, Nebraska to Conrad and Amelia Boehler.  She moved with her family to Alma, Nebraska and continued to live with her parents up until she died from complications of diseases following a surgical operation.  I remember when I was little that my dad used to tell me that  I was not allowed to get married when I grew up...I was to live at home and take care of my parents for ever.  I guess that Mary and Carrie (also never married) Boehler took this literally when their dad told them the same thing.
Also stated in her obituary in the Harlan County Journal, October 29,1915, "In her death the community loses one of its leading young ladies.  A favorite among a large circle of friends and the home is relieved of a faithful daughter who has at all times devoted her talents toward making that place all the word implies."



3 comments:

  1. What lovely design for the funeral card. So sad that she died young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Welcome. I'm new to Geneabloggers (and blogginig) myself...and a new fan of your blog. Your Funeral Card Friday post is inspiring me to use the Daily Tips to inspire my blog topics. Looking forward to reading your upcoming posts.

    Warm regards,
    Deb

    "A LIFETIME LEGACY State of Mind" blog: http://ALifetimeLegacy.blogspot.com
    http://ALifetimeLegacy.com (A LIFETIME LEGACY: Connecting generations and preserving memories)
    Check out memory triggers on Pinterest: http://Pinterest.com/ALifetimeLegacy
    Follow @ALifetimeLegacy on Twitter and Facebook
    Remember: “Love your parents. We are so busy growing up, we often forget they are growing old.”

    ReplyDelete